Mechanical & Electrical Systems in Buildings, 4th Edition
- By Richard R. Janis, William K. Y. Tao
- Pub. Date: Mar 12, 2008 by Prentice Hall.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-513013-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-513013-1
List Price: $175.40
For undergraduate-level courses in Building Mechanical Systems, Building Electrical Systems, and Illumination offered to students in Construction Technology, Architecture, Civil Technology, and Interior Design and Building Engineering.
Mechanical and Electrical Systems in Buildings, Fourth Edition is designed to bridge the ever-widening gap between textbooks and the realities that confront engineering, and construction professionals, this text provides an overview of the principles and applications of all basic mechanical and electrical systems–with a focus on what, why, and basic design data examples. It incorporates new developments in all the major disciplines–and reinforces the relationship of mechanical and electrical systems design in the overall context of the built environment.
- Latest communications and illumination engineering technologies. Provides students with most current information available on a rapidly changing area.
- Building heating, air conditioning, electrical, illumination, plumbing, and fire protection systems. Provides students with comprehensive and practical overview of the subjects.
- Emphasis on the operating principles of equipment and systems–Rather than on construction details. Identifies systems and provides students with explanation of principles.
- Methodologies for calculating preliminary building loads and space planning requirements. Provides students with an explanation of requirements' relationship to the project as a whole.
- Valuable data for space planning, cost, and environmental impact of building M/E systems. Introduces students to the interface between architecture and engineering as a basis for evaluating building and system design efficiencies.
- State-of-the-art information on ME systems and design concepts. Offers students information on emerging technologies and alternative ME equipment and systems.
- Well illustrated–Features 4 pages of world-leading structures and 8 pages of illumination illustrations in full color. Allows for effective discussion of lighting design.
- Use of the conventional system as a basis, with SI units as an alternate. Helps students prepare estimates in metric as needed.
- Chapter-end questions and exercises. Reinforces students comprehension of material.
- Design information. Introduces students to concepts relevant to design professionals involved in the development, construction, and management of commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings.
This book is intended both as a textbook and as a reference book for students and professionals interested in building mechanical and electrical systems. With a complete and practical introduction to the design of mechanical and electrical systems in buildings, the text successfully bridges the gap between architecture, civil engineering technology, and construction management.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 — Introduction to Mechanical and Electrical Systems: Energy, Sustainability and Economics
Chapter 2 — HVAC Fundamentals
Chapter 3 — HVAC Delivery Systems
Chapter 4 — Cooling Production Equipment and Systems
Chapter 5 — Heating Production Equipment and Systems
Chapter 6 — Air-Handling Equipment and Systems
Chapter 7 — Piping Equipment and Systems
Chapter 8 — Plumbing Equipment and Systems
Chapter 9 — Fire Protection Equipment and Systems
Chapter 10 — Introduction to Electricity
Chapter 11 — Power Equipment and Systems
Chapter 12 — Communications, Life Safety, and Security Systems
Chapter 13 — Electrical Design and Wiring
Chapter 14 — Light and Lighting
Chapter 15 — Lighting Equipment and Systems
Chapter 16 — Calculations of Illumination
Chapter 17 — Lighting Design
Chapter 18 — Noise and Vibrations in Mechanical and Electrical Systems
Chapter 19 — Architectural Accommodation and Coordination of Mechanical and Electrical Systems
Product Type: Physical Product
This publication currently is not for sale.