Managing the Construction Process Plus MyConstructionKit -- Access Card Package, 4th Edition
- By Frederick Gould
- Pub. Date: Jan 25, 2012 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-305867-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-305867-3
List Price: $178.40
For a combined course in Estimating, Scheduling and/or Control; a course in Construction Process; or an Introduction to Construction Management.
Managing the Construction Process: Estimating, Scheduling, and Project Control, Fourth Edition, covers all areas of the Construction Management industry–with a balanced focus on both theory and practicality. Helping students gain a working knowledge of the whole Building Industry, this text provides the technical skills required to manage a construction project from conception through occupancy. Emphasizing current industry practices, it makes a useful reference for the construction professional.
Office building example problem.
- Reinforces students' understanding of material with real-world view of the field.
Square foot residential estimates.
- Shows students how to prepare and present timely cost information for project participants.
Background theory, fundamentals and practical applications.
- Provides students with knowledge of building industry and the technical skills required to manage a construction project.
Project Highlights case study.
- Enables students to relate text material to an actual MIT project.
Photos and illustrations throughout.
- Provides students with visual reinforcement of concepts and information by adding interest.
Learning objectives, chapter outlines and review questions.
- Guides students through material and enables them to self-test.
- Provides instructors with necessary teaching aids.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Managing the Construction Process: Estimating, Scheduling, and Project Control, Fourth Edition, covers all areas of the Construction Management industry—with a balanced focus on both theory and practicality. Helping students gain a working knowledge of the whole Building Industry, this text provides the technical skills required to manage a construction project from conception through occupancy. Emphasizing current industry practices, it makes a useful reference for the construction professional.
Table of Contents
I. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT.
1. Industry and the Project.
2. The Project Management Process.
3. Construction Contracts and Delivery Methods.
4. Estimating Fundamentals.
5. Conceptual and Square Foot Estimating.
6. Assemblies Estimating.
7. Detailed Estimating.
8. Scheduling Fundamentals.
9. Network Construction.
10. Activity Duration and Network Calculations.
IV. PROJECT CONTROL.
11. Fundamentals of Project Control.
12. Cost, Schedule, and Resource Control.
13. Updating the Project: Control in Practice.
Product Type: Physical Product
This publication currently is not for sale.