Fundamentals of HVACR Plus NEW MyHVACLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 2nd Edition
- By Carter Stanfield, David Skaves, . AHRI
- Pub. Date: Jul 9, 2012 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-299522-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299522-1
List Price: $225.33
Fundamentals of HVACR, 2nd Edition offers:
- A unique section on HVACR Science that clearly explains the application of fundamental scientific concepts essential to understanding air conditioning system operation.
- Superb coverage of the basic refrigeration cycle and refrigeration components.
- Detailed examples and applications of new refrigerants, including of R-410A throughout the text.
- Detailed explanations for using service valves to access all types of refrigeration systems.
- Referenced EPA Certification Outline showing a cross-reference listing of each specific EPA competency document.
- Basic Building Construction chapter provides students with enough information to ensure safe installations.
- Consolidation of all types of systems covering installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting in one place.
In-Text Learning Tools:
- Learning objectives that enable students to focus on what they should achieve by the end of the unit.
- Unit introductions that are organized topically and progress from basic fundamentals to practical applications, with each topic supporting the next topic.
- Unit summaries that pull together the main points and reinforce learning.
- Service tickets that provide examples of types of problems that service technicians encounter and how the information in the unit helps solve the problems.
- Review questions to help students assess their understanding of the material.
- Safety tips that highlight safety issues relevant to the immediate material.
- Service tips that offer practical applications to help technicians perform their jobs more efficiently.
- Cautions that contain information students should know to properly operate and protect equipment.
- Tech tips that provide extra detail and information for students who want to go beyond the minimum knowledge needed.
- English and Spanish glossaries that help students with both English and Spanish language skills to understand the terms used in the HVAC/R field.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Created with a clear-cut vision of necessary knowledge, this groundbreaking text provides comprehensive coverage of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. Lauded as a reader-friendly text that delivers fundamental concepts, the most current trends, and practical applications with simple language and skillfully presented concepts, Fundamentals of HVACR, 2nd edition boasts carefully selected artwork and the right amount of detail. This book is everything readers need to know to install, service, and maintain HVACR systems.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1 FUNDAMENTALS
Unit 1 Introduction to HVAC/R
Unit 2 Being a Professional HVAC/R Technician
Unit 3 Safety
Unit 4 Hand and Power Tools
Unit 5 Fasteners
Unit 6 Measurements (NEW!)
SECTION 2 HVACR SCIENCE
Unit 7 Properties of Matter
Unit 8 Types of Energy and Their Properties
Unit 9 Temperature Measurement and Conversion
Unit 10 Thermodynamics – The Study of Heat
Unit 11 Pressure and Vacuum
Unit 12 Calibration of Meters and Instruments
SECTION 3 REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS
Unit 13 Types of Refrigeration Systems
Unit 14 Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle
Unit 15 Compressors
Unit 16 Condensers
Unit 17 Metering Devices
Unit 18 Evaporators
Unit 19 Refrigerants
Unit 20 Refrigeration Accessories
Unit 21 Plotting the Refrigeration Cycle
SECTION 4 REFRIGEATION PRACTICES
Unit 22 Refrigeration Safety (NEW!)
Unit 23 Refrigerant System Servicing and Testing Equipment
Unit 24 Piping and Tubing
Unit 25 Soldering and Brazing
Unit 26 Refrigerant System Piping
Unit 27 Accessing Refrigeration Systems
Unit 28 Refrigerant Management
Unit 29 Leak Testing
Unit 30 Evacuation
Unit 31 Charging
SECTION 5 HVAC/R ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS
Unit 32 Electrical Safety (NEW!)
Unit 33 Basic Electricity
Unit 34 Alternating Current Fundamentals
Unit 35 Electric Meters and Test Instruments
Unit 36 Electrical Components
Unit 37 Motors
Unit 38 Diagrams
Unit 39 Control Systems
Unit 40 Communicating Systems (NEW!)
SECTION 6 AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
Unit 41 Psychrometrics and Airflow
Unit 42 Filters
Unit 43 Ventilation & Dehumidification (NEW!)
Unit 44 Residential Air conditioning
Unit 45 Installing Air Conditioning
Unit 46 Duct Installation
Unit 47 Troubleshooting Air Conditioning
SECTION 7 HEATING SYSTEMS
Unit 48 Principles of Combustion and Safety
Unit 49 Gas Furnaces
Unit 50 Gas Furnace Controls
Unit 51 Gas Furnace Installation
Unit 52 Troubleshooting Gas Furnaces
Unit 53 Oil Heating Systems & Service
Unit 54 Residential oil Heating Installation
Unit 55 Oil Furnace and Boiler Service
Unit 56 Oil Heating Startup and Troubleshooting
Unit 57 Space Heaters
Unit 58 Humidifiers
SECTION 8 HEAT PUMP SYSTEMS
Unit 59 Electric Heat
Unit 60 Electric Heat Installation
Unit 61 Troubleshooting Electric Heat
Unit 62 Types of Heat Pump Systems
Unit 63 Heat Pump Components
Unit 64 Air Source Heat Pumps
Unit 65 Geothermal Heat Pumps
Unit 66 Troubleshooting Heat Pumps
SECTION 9 SYSTEM DESIGN, SIZING, AND LAYOUT
Unit 67 Basic Building Construction
Unit 68 Green Buildings and Systems (NEW!)
Unit 69 Indoor Air Quality
Unit 70 Residential Load Calculations
Unit 71 Duct System Design
Unit 72 Zone Control Systems
Unit 73 Testing and Balancing Air Systems
SECTION 10 COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS
Unit 74 Commercial Air Conditioning Systems
Unit 75 Commercial AC Fans and Air Handling Units
Unit 76 Single Zone Rooftop Unit Installation
Unit 77 Zoned Systems
Unit 78 Commercial Control Systems
Unit 79 Chilled Water Systems
Unit 80 Hydronic Heating systems
Unit 81 Boilers and Related Equipment
Unit 82 Cooling Towers & Chillers
SECTION 11 COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS
Unit 83 Thermal Storage Systems
Unit 84 Food Preservation
Unit 85 Commercial Refrigeration Systems
Unit 86 Supermarket Equipment
Unit 87 Ice Machines (NEW!)
Unit 88 Troubleshooting Refrigeration Systems
SECTION 12 INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, SERVICE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
Unit 89 Installation
Unit 90 Planned Maintenance
Unit 91 Refrigeration System Cleanup (NEW!)
Unit 92 Troubleshooting