Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 8th Edition
- By Cameron K. Andres, Ronald C. Smith
- Pub. Date: Jan 2, 2008 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-159923-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-159923-9
List Price: $148.60
For courses in Commercial Construction, Construction Methods and Materials, Building Fundamentals, and Construction Practices.
This classic text provides an overview of the principles, equipment, materials, and methods applied in the construction of commercial buildings. The text deals with each phase of the construction process in a chapter-by-chapter format, beginning with site evaluation and layout to interior design and building finishes. Supporting discussions are accompanied with a wealth of clear, captivating illustrations and numerous examples with detailed solutions.
- Logical framework–Provides an overview of the principles, equipment, materials, and methods applied in the construction of commercial buildings. Each phase of the construction process is covered in a chapter-by-chapter format, beginning with site evaluation and layout to interior design and building finishes.
- Presents students with a non-intimidating overview of construction processes.
- Materials used in heavy construction–Discusses materials, their properties, and the tests performed on them to ensure suitable performance of the final product.
- Supplies students with an in-depth look at the materials used in the construction of commercial buildings.
- Reference standards–Established by both the American Society for Testing Materials ASTM and the American Concrete Institute ACI.
- Assures students that text material meets standards of industry professionals.
- Tests for ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 Certification Program.
- Helps students to review, prepare–and excel–for this test.
- Basic principles of structural design.
- Describes for students the reasons for the methods, equipment, and structural details that are used in the various situations encountered on a building site.
- Worked examples.
- Demonstrates for readers the methods that are used in estimating excavation quantities, pile capacities, concrete pressures, and more!
- Both standard and metric units–Provided for all chapter-end review problems and all tables and details throughout the book.
- Equips students to understand the manipulation of units using the two most widely used methods of measure.
- Chapter-end review questions–Approximately 250 in total.
- Enables students to reinforce the major concepts covered in each chapter before moving on to the next.
This classic book provides an overview of the methods, equipment, and materials used in the construction of large commercial buildings. It makes an excellent source of general information—complete with diagrams, details, photographs, and worked examples of typical construction calculations such as earth moving calculation, formwork calculations, concrete pressures, and insulation values for building components. Revised content in this new 8th edition includes additional examples and homework problems for a complete review, superior illustrations, added video clips to the ancillary materials, and much, much more!
Table of Contents
Chapter One Site Investigation
Chapter Two Site Layout
Chapter Three Excavations and Excavating Equipment
Chapter Four Site Development and Services
Chapter Five Foundations
Chapter Six Formwork
Chapter Seven Concrete Work
Chapter Eight Structural Timber Frame
Chapter Nine Reinforced Concrete Frame
Chapter Ten Structural Steel Frame
Chapter Eleven Floor Systems and Industrial Flooring
Chapter Twelve Roof Systems and Industrial Roofing
Chapter Thirteen Masonry Construction
Chapter Fourteen Curtain Wall Construction
Chapter Fifteen Building Insulation
Chapter Sixteen Finishing
Glossary of Terms
Product Type: Physical Product
This publication currently is not for sale.